I know, it’s not even Halloween yet- and I’m already chattering about gifts for the holiday season. Perhaps it’s because the chilly weather has me convinced that it is actually December instead of the balmy Indian summer that October weather usually graces us with! ALL I ask the weather g-ds is that we can trick or treat without having to bundle up in down coats and boots!
But back to prepping for the BIG holiday gift-giving hoopla that is about to envelop us. Before you are bombarded by commercials of plush ponies in purple dresses(not that they’re not totally adorable but really just what the heck will your kid do with it besides sticking it on her bed or in the corner of her room within the first five minutes of ripping off its wrapping paper!) Here are a few gifts for the kids in your life that NEED to be on your radar.
And NO I am not saying this because I am a paid spokesperson for these companies ( although heck if they want me I am READY and willing to sign up!) but because they’re the kinds of products that will force your kids (without their knowledge ) to exercise their noggins and will permit you “the BORING, all rules -no fun parent” to get in on the action as well. Now really what more could you ask for from a toy/gift for the tyke in your life.. Not much I assure you…
– Annoying Orange Fresh Talking Target Game –My son is a big fan and LOVES getting heckled by his favorite joke-telling orange as he tries to hit the target on this game.
– The Hobbit action figures – a stunning collection of authentic and highly-detailed toys based on the upcoming film The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
– Bounce Bounce Tigger – a giggling, bouncing, interactive plush with its own theme song to the tune of the ‘90s hip hop hit “Jump, Jump,” – totally hilarious for young kids AND their parents
– Doc McStuffins “Time for Your Check-Up” Doll – based on the new Disney Junior series about a girl who heals stuffed animals and toys out of her playhouse clinic. The show is currently the #1 preschool cable TV series and has been generating tons of media attention including this recent AP article : ‘Doc McStuffins’ TV Show Gives Black Girls, Aspiring Doctors Hope
– Illumivor Mecha-Shark – a huge, menacing, light-up RC shark that appears to chomp while it “swims” on land…perfect for hard to shop for tween boys.
– Glo Glo Inkoos – stylish plush characters that can be decorated, washed and then redesigned…and now with glow-in-the-dark fabric and a special light pen, so artistic kids can get creative in the light OR the dark.
– Chupacabra: Survive The Night Board Game – players try to be the last mammal standing in this crazy glow-in-the-dark dice game based on the creatures from Latin American folklore.
– Wheel Writers – an innovative bike accessory that displays high-tech light effects on bike wheels as you ride, giving bike riders of all ages a unique way to customize and “trick out” their wheels, www.FuzeBikeFX.com.
– Waverly & the Magic Seashells – a stunning new small doll line that combines some of girls’ favorite things: collecting seashells, mermaids and SECRETS.
– Hello Kitty Shoulder Buddies – the holiday 2012 collection of wearable figures features the lovable Hello Kitty. Each figure’s magnetic base attaches to a Magic Coin, so kids can wear Hello Kitty on their shirts, purses, backpacks, hats…just about anywhere. ($5.99/each).
So get out your lists and check em twice and make sure to include at least ONE of these toys on your holiday must get for the kidlets list!